This year's themes:
1. People Living and Working in Space Settlements
2. Medicine and Medical Manufacturing in Space
All full-time students at any grade level between the ages of 13 and 25 are eligible.
All students under age 18 must have parental permission to participate.
Original artwork from entries submitted to the NSS/NASA Space Settlement Design Contest (including previous years) is encouraged.
The deadline for submissions is March 16, 2017 (11:59 pm Universal Time).
Winners to be announced by April 1, 2017
- .All artwork must be the original work of the student.
- All submitted art must be a REALISTIC depiction of human space settlement using the Roadmap to Space Settlement Milestones. Realistic means as accurate as possible both in science and engineering, and as closely as as possible to what a real space settlement would actually look like. Art that has merit but is less realistic looking may still be accepted for display on the NSS website, but would be very unlikely to be a winning entry.
- The art work must illustrate one of these Milestones.
- The artwork MUST be consistent with this year's theme: People Living and Working in Space Settlements. Each art piece must include at least one person and a view of the world or space settlement they are on or near.
- You are free to choose any medium to use for the creation of your artwork, but submissions must be in digital format with minimum dimensions of 4350 pixels by 3450 pixels (or vertically, 3450 pixels by 4350 pixels). Images that are obviously enlarged to meet the size requirement (with resulting degradation in quality) will be rejected.