Scholastic India is pleased to announce the Scholastic Writing Awards 2017 for outstanding original works by students, in the category of fiction/short story in English.
Scholastic Writing Awards help to encourage creativity for outstanding original works by students of classes 4 to 9. The winners are not only given attractive awards, but their award-winning stories are also published every year in an anthology titled, For Kids By Kids. By giving them a platform to publish their works, we encourage and motivate young talent.
Final Dates are:
Registration and Submission- open till February 28, 2017 (11.30 PM, IST)
Ranking Panel- March 1, 2017- March 31, 2017
Winners announcement- May, 2017
Word Limit: 2500-3000 words
Topics for this year :
Group 1 (classes 4-6)
- I slept in India and woke up in . . .
- Being a part of Hanuman's vaanar sena.
- "Quite curious indeed" said my dog . . .
Group 2 (classes 7-9)
- Families are Different.
- The girl who loves graveyards.
- The cursed touch: how I made everything disappear.
RULES & Procedure:
- Please fill in all the required details in the online submission form. Incomplete forms will be disqualified.
- Plagiarised, copied or unoriginal stories will be disqualified.
- Disqualified entries will not be entitled to any certificates of participation.
- Only one entry per group will be accepted per participant.
- Entries received after the last date will be disqualified.
- Each participant has to read and rank the stories assigned to them before the deadline. Failing which the entry submitted by the participant will be disqualified.
How to upload your entries on our website:
- Go to the Scholastic India homepage www.scholastic.co.in and click on the Scholastic Writing Awards banner or go directly to the url: http://swa.scholastic.co.in
- Click on Register. Fill in the details in the online form.
- Once you submit the form you will be sent a Log-in ID on the registered id.
- You can use this log-in ID to submit your entry.
- To submit an entry, simply log-in using your log-in ID and copy paste the text or key in the story.
- Make sure each submission also lists the name of the student, the class, the school and the address.
- An individual can submit only a single entry.
- For ranking the entries assigned to an individual, you have to use same log-in ID and password to log-in. Click on the icon START RANKING.
- Ranking panel will open from March 1, 2017.
- Group 1 entry will receive group 1 entry only for ranking and same applies for group 2.
For any clarifications/queries please get in touch with us at email@example.com/swa@sc holastic.co.in/contact@scholas tic.co.in