Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (GYTI) Awards
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) has collaborated with SRISTI (Society for Research and Initiatives for Sustainable Technologies and Institutions), a non-profit organization, for promoting grass root level innovations at the university/college level among the students. BIRAC has constituted BIRAC-SRISTI GYTI Awards, in partnership with SRISTI to select 15 entrepreneurial ideas at the university level from across India which then would be nurtured for 2 years in-situ with a grant of INR 15 lakhs. Also, INR 1 lakh will be given to 100 young innovators to take their innovations to next level. The objective is to inculcate the sense of entrepreneurship among the young students who can be motivated to take their innovations to commercial level.
SRISTI (Society for Research and Initiatives for Sustainable Technologies and Institutions) has established three national awards for innovative student projects in engineering, pharmacy, science and other applied technologies. These awards are given every year during the Festival of Innovation (FOIN) at Rashtrapati Bhawan in the month of March.
Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award : Student projects which address an important social, environmental or technological problem faced by masses or disadvantaged people/sectors/spaces or micro and small enterprises or have the potential to impact a pressing national need. The applications may be made by the past or present students of technical institutions/universities. On behalf of the students who have already passed out and left the Institute/ University, the faculty member, who supervised the project, can also apply.
The awards will be given to young innovators in the following category:
Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Awards, 2017
(Last Date of Submission:November 30, 2016)
- MLM (More from less for many), Frugal Innovation award- ideas that econmise on the use of material, extremely affordable, sustainable
- SRISTI socially relevant technological innovation award-ideas that address unmet social needs or improve the functioning of existing solution, increase affordability and/or improve circularity i.e. ecologcial compatability
- Technological-edge award-ideas that push the frontiers in any technolgical domain
- BIRAC-SRISTI award for biotechnological/medical/healthcare innovation
- Hari Om Ashram Prerit Dr. Amulya K.N. Reddy GYTI Award
The full project report of the shortlisted projects will be needed for final evaluation. Last date for submission of entries is 30th November 2016.
For any query, please contact Team Techpedia-GYTI at firstname.lastname@example.org, Call at +919099258492.
Further information visit http://gyti.techpedia.in/