GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF WATER RESOURCES, RIVER DEVELOPMENT AND GANGA REJUVENATION
Central Ground Water Board
Kerala Region, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
PAINTING COMPETITION ON WATER CONSERVATION (2016-17)
1. The Painting Competition is being organized under the Information, Education & Communication (IEC) Scheme of Ministry of Water Resources, Government of India and is aimed at creating awareness among school children on the importance of conservation, protection & efficient use of water.
2. The competition is open to school students of Classes 6, 7 & 8.
3. Winners of 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes in State Level competitions organized by CGWB during the last 6 years are not eligible to participate in the competition. Though winners of consolation prizes in the above mentioned competitions are eligible to participate, their paintings shall be considered only for 1st, 2nd or 3rd prize in the State Level Competition as the case may be.
4. The theme for the school level painting competition (2016-17) is -‘SAVE WATER SAVE LIFE’
5. The painting competition will be held in three stages, as described below:
a. School level competitions shall be organized by the school authorities, ensuring participation of all students in classes 6, 7 & 8. Paper of A4 Size or larger may be used for the painting. There is no restriction on the use of any medium (Crayons, Water Color etc.). The three best (or prizewinning) paintings selected by the school authorities, along with information on the number of participants in the competition are to be sent to reach the Regional Director, Central Ground Water Board, Kerala Region, Kedaram, Kesavadasapuram, Thiruvanathapuram – 695 004 latest by 27.10.2016. Details such as name of the student, Class, age, Father’s/Mother’s Name, contact telephone number(s), Name, address and contact details of the school are to be written clearly on the back of the prize-winning entries being sent, together with the signature of the Head Master /Principal and School seal. Paintings received without the signature of the Head Master/Principal and School seal or sent directly by the students/parents will not be accepted. The details may be sent in the pro-forma enclosed.
b. Participation certificates shall be given to all students participating in the school level competition.
c. The paintings received from the school level competitions shall be evaluated by an expert committee for selection of the best 50 entries.
d. The best 50 entries selected from the school level competition will qualify for the State Level Painting Competition, proposed to be held at Thiruvananthapuram in November 2016.
e. Theme for the State Level Painting Competition will be disclosed at the venue.
f. The best three entries in the State Level Competitions shall be given cash awards of Rs 5000/-(Ist Prize), Rs 3000/- (IInd Prize), Rs 2000/- (IIIrd Prize) and certificates. Consolation prizes of Rs 1000/- shall be given to the next 10 best entries and participation certificates to all 50 students participating in the competition.
g. The best 3 entries selected from the State Level Competition will also qualify for the National Level Painting Competition to be held in New Delhi in December 2016. Attractive prizes of Rs 50000/- (Ist Prize), Rs 25000/- (IInd Prize), Rs 10000/- (IIIrd Prize) and all other participants will be awarded consolation prizes of Rs 5000/- and certificates of the National contest.
6. Details of the competition & prizes to be awarded for the State / National level painting competitions shall be published in leading National dailies shortly.
7. For any further enquires, please feel free to contact:
Shri.V.Kunhambu, Regional Director : 0471-2442191, Mob: 9400418660
Shri. K. Balakrishnan, Scientist D : 0471- 2442175, Mob: 9847476178
Smt. AnithaShyam, Scientist –D : 0471-2442175, Mob: 9446215325