The State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Kerala is organising the State-level National Talent Search Examination for the students of Class X on 06 November, 2016.
Only those pupils who are studying in Class X during this academic year (2016 -17) in any Government/Aided/Recognised schools/Kendriya Vidyalaya/Navodaya Vidyalaya in Kerala are eligible to apply for the State-level NTS Examination.
Pupils who have secured not less than 55% for all non-language subjects in the qualifying examination of class IX of 2015-16 will be admitted for the examination.
How to apply:
Pupils are directed to apply Online. Read the following instructions carefully. • Applications are to be submitted online
• Open the website of SCERT Kerala (www.scert.kerala.gov.in)
• Click on the link online payment of NTSE fee (SBT)
• Enter the required details.
• Press submit button
• Click on the options for remittance of the fee (Credit card/Debit card, Internet banking/SBT Branch - challan mode)
• Fee for General Category is Rs.250/- For SC/ST/ BPL Category is Rs.100. • After successful payment through credit/debit card or Internet Banking a challan will be provided. Printout of which has to be taken.
• If challan mode of payment is selected, download the challan, get a printout and remit the fee in any SBT Branch.
• After remitting fee you will get a SB collect reference number starting with DU............ For internet banking also you will get the same.
• You can complete the filling up of application only using this SB collect reference number.
• The NTSE application will be open again only after 48 hours after the payment of the fee either online or at the bank counter.
• Click on NTSE application with the SB collect reference number to upload the application form.
Do not apply online more than one time. If correction is necessary click ‘Online application Editing.’ Then enter your application ID and application Number and do the necessary corrections.
Note the application ID and application number for future reference / use.
Only after entering necessary corrections confirm your application. After confirmation further editing is not possible.
Only after confirmation click submit and get the hardcopy of your online application.
The hard copy of the Online application shall be sent by post to the following address:
The Liaison Officer
The State Level NTS Examination
Thiruvananthapuram - 12
The hard copy of the online application of the following category of the students should be accompanied by:
a. Those belonging SC/ST/BPL categories should send the attested photocopy of the caste certificate /BPL certificate as proof.
b. Physically challenged candidates must produce the attested copy of medical certificate from the competent authority stating that the candidate suffers from 40% or more disability as per the PWD Act 1995.
The last date of submission of online application for NTSE is 10.09.2016
The candidates are advised to keep a photo copy of the Hard copy of the Online application. They have to enter their Application ID and Application Number to get the admit card from SCERT Website.
Procedure of the Test
The test will be conducted in Two Parts of 90 minutes duration each.
Part I - Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) comprises of 100 objective type questions from Social science, Science subjects and Mathematics.
Part II consists of Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Language Comprehension Test. There will be 50 Questions in Mental Ability Test and 50 question in Language Comprehension Test (50 questions in Malayalam Language and 50 questions in English Language). Candidates can choose either Malayalam or English for Language Comprehension Test.
Marks scored for Language Comprehension Test will not be considered for ranking. But candidates must score a minimum for 40% marks in Language Comprehension Test.
All questions in Part II are also of objective type.
Portions included for the State Level Test under Part I are as follows.
a. 9th & 10th standard entire portions of Kerala State syllabus for the current academic year.
b. 9th & 10th standard entire portions of CBSE syllabus for the current academic year.
c. Certain portions studied in lower classes which are essential for the proper understanding of the subjects. The questions will be of higher order involving application and reasoning.
The candidate should answer Part I (SAT) and then Part II (MAT) after an interval of one hour.
Candidate can choose English, Malayalam, Tamil or Kannada as medium of Examination for SAT & MAT.
Date of Examination is 06.11.2016
(i) Part I: SAT I consists of 100 objective type questions in Social Science, Science
subjects & Mathematics.
9 am to 10.30 am All candidates except disabled candidates
9 am to 11 am Disabled candidates only
(ii) Part II: MAT & Language comprehension Test consists of 100 objective type
11.30 am to 01.00 pm All candidates except disabled candidates
11.30 am to 01.30 pm Disabled candidates only
For more details visit www.scert.kerala.gov.in