World Robot Olympiad™ is an event for science, technology and education which brings together the young people all over the world to develop their creativity and problem solving skills through challenging and educational robotics competitions.
Schools are invited to enter a team of three students to participate in this competition. Participating teams need to create, design and build a robot models that look or behave like a human athlete. The competition starts from preliminary to the final judging.
WRO 2016 is being jointly organized by India STEM Foundation and National Council of Science Museums (NCSM).
India STEM Foundation is a pioneer in promoting hands-on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) education in India with the intervention of Robotics and research based learning programs for school and college students. India STEM foundation is the affiliate partner of World Robot Olympiad Association in India.
National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) is India’s premier body playing a key role in the growth of science and technology by organizing various science education programs, activities and trainings within and outside of Schools and Colleges at its science centres spread across the country in order to develop and inculcate scientific attitude, temper and general awareness amongst the people of the country.
The World Robot Olympiad has four competition categories:
1. Regular Category
2. Open Category
3. WRO Football
4. Advanced Robotics Challenge
A team may only participate in one category.
Age Group Details
Please refer to the below for age Criteria definition:
● Regular/ Open Elementary Category Age:. Participants up to 12 years old in the year of competition. Date of birth of the participant must fall under - 1st Jan 2004 to 31st Dec 2007.
● Regular/ Open Junior High Category Age:. Participants 13 - 15 years old in the year of competition. Date of birth of the participant must fall under- 1st Jan 2001 to 31st Dec 2003.
● Regular/ Open Senior High Category Age: Participants 16 – 19 years old in the year of competition. Date of birth of the participant must fall under - 1st Jan 1997 to 31st Dec 2000.
● WRO Football Category : Participants 10 – 19 years old in the year of competition. Date of birth of the participant must fall under - 1st Jan 1997 to 31st Dec 2006.
● Advanced Robotics Challenge: Participants 17 – 25 years old in the year of competition.Date of birth of the participant must fall under - 1st Jan 1991 to 31st Dec 1999.
● Open Advanced Robotics Challenge: Participants 17 – 25 years old in the year of competition.Date of birth of the participant must fall under - 1st Jan 1991 to 31st Dec 1999.
The WRO is a team-based challenge. To participate in each category of competition,students
must work in teams.
A team consists of one (1) coach and two (2) or three (3) team members.
One (1) coach and one (1) team member is not considered to be a team and cannot participate
The minimum age of a coach in an international WRO tournament (and assistant coaches) is age 20
at the time of registration for the WRO final.
Coaches may work with more than one team; however each team needs to be assisted by a
responsible adult. This person may be an assistant coach.
Coaches may offer students advice and guidance prior to the competition, however during the
actual Olympiad competition, all work and preparation must be performed by the student
members of the team.
● Elementary - Rs.5,500
● Junior High - Rs.5,500
● Senior High - Rs.5,500
● Elementary - Rs.7,500
● Junior High - Rs.7,500
● Senior High - Rs.7,500
WRO Football Category - Rs.7,500
Open Advanced Robotics Category - Rs.7,500
Advanced Robotics Category - Rs.30,000
● Participants must fall under the specified age group definition for the corresponding category, failing which the individual will not be considered a registered participant of WRO India.
● Students younger than the age group definition have to obtain permission from the Organizer for participation in the competition and may only be approved if at least one other team member falls under the specified age group definition for the respective category.
● Team composed of 2 to 3 participants with at least one adult coach can be associated with a school, college and institution or can simply be a group of friends falling under the specified age criteria.
● Please note that team name once registered cannot be changed.
● Please ensure to fill in the participant / coach/ team name exactly as you would like to see it printed on the certificates with correct spelling and desired capitalization.
● Any team or individual can participate only in one regional tournament of WRO India.
● Coach can mentor multiple teams but a team member cannot participate in more than one team or category.
● We highly recommend that only the team coach should enter the complete and correct information for team registration to maintain the authenticity of the data entered.
● Please note that all the important information and updates would be sent to the registered email ID of the COACH.
● Registration fee is non-refundable.
● We enforce our policy of minimum two and maximum three members at all WRO India competitions.
● It is coach’s responsibility to ensure that all the participants of the team fall under the defined age group definition for each category. Registration system accepting the date of birth beyond the specified age limit does not guarantee the right of participation in WRO India.Further, the participants' Date of birth will be manually cross checked on the day of competition. If any participant fails to comply the specified age criteria, he/she will not be allowed to participate in the competition.
● Registration Fee Payment Options –
A. Demand Draft/Cheque Deposit
B. Bank Transfer
C. Cash Deposit
D. Online – Debit Card/ Credit Card
For more information and registration click here
Further information visit the website