Help to show the world why plain packaging is needed to help fight back against tobacco industry marketing. With advertising restrictions changing in countries all around the world, tobacco companies haven taken to cigarette packs and even cigarettes themselves to entice users and sell their brand.
Between April 18 and 30, take a photo of a pack of cigarettes from your country that uses creative design and marketing to draw in customers, and submit the photo on our website. Tell why it caught your eye and what you would do to change it!
You’ll have a chance to win Johns Hopkins gear and be featured on Johns Hopkins websites. Together, we can push to make cigarette packages less appealing.
- Must be over the age of 13.
- Deadline for all photo submissions is 11:59pm EST on April 30, 2016.
- The person submitting the photo will be considered the contestant and will be the only person eligible to compete for the prize. In order to be eligible to win the prize, you must provide accurate and complete information.
- The following individuals are not eligible to enter the contest: current and former employees, directors and officers of the Institute for Global Tobacco Control.
- Once a photo submission has been accepted for entry into the contest, the contestant’s name and location may be publically identified at the sole discretion of the contest sponsors. All contestants have the right to request their name not be publicized in connection with their contest submission. Contestants must inform the contest sponsor of this wish when registering for the contest.