Vidya Darshan In collaboration with S.S. Rana & Co. has announced Script it! Fifth All India National Essay Writing Competition to celebrate World Intellectual Property Day - April 26, 2016.
School and College Students
Medium: English only
Word Limit: 3,000 words for School students and 4500 words for college students.
Themes of the Essay(s)-
Young minds are encouraged to focus on the World IP Day theme i.e. Digital Creativity:
Culture Reimagined, for their essays and hence may contemplate writing on topics related to IP, cultural creativity, Geographical Indication, Legal Aspects of File sharing, etc. Some of the suggested topics are:
1) International IP Framework vis-a-vis protection of Cultural Properties of Indigenous People;
2) Impact of the Free Culture Movement on IP rights;
3) The Effect of ‘Home Copying’ on the market for audio-visual recordings;
4) Protection of Traditional Foods in India;
5) Socio- Economics of Geographical Indications in India;
How to submit
The participants shall mention the following on the front page in bold letters –
a) Name of the participant(s);
b) Name of the Academic Institution;
c) Contact details including phone number and postal address;
d) Copy of School/College Id-Card;
e) Participants should mention “Script it! ™ World IP Day- Fourth All India Essay Writing
Competition” in subject line;
Entries must be original and in English language only;
Only a single entry will be accepted from one participant. Co-authorship (up to 2 authors) is
- Winners in the college category will be awarded prizes(s) worth 7,500 and winners in the school category will be awarded prizes(s) worth 5000, along with a certificate and an opportunity to author an article on any forthcoming issue of IP©onnect® of his/her choice.
- Second and third runner ups in the college category would be presented prize(s) worth INR 5,000 and INR 2,500 respectively along with certificates;
- Second and third runner ups in the school each category would be presented prize(s) worth INR 2,500 and INR 1,000 respectively along with certificates
- The Top Three Winners in the college category will be given an opportunity for a paid Internship at the Firm.
- Other deserving participants shall also be presented with certificates;
Contact: email@example.com or call at 91-11-3056 2000.
Last date for Submission: April 20, 2016.