National Level Scientific Writing Contest The National Academy of Sciences, India invites entries (scientific write-up on "Conservation of Water Resources : Innovative Technologies") from the students of B.Sc./B.Tech./M.B.B.S./B.U.M.S./B.A.S.M. of Indian Universities by December 31, 2015 for evaluation and further participation (for selected entries/write-up only) in On the Spot Contest to be held on February 27, 2016 at The National Academy of Sciences, India, 5 Lajpatrai Road, Allahabad. The idea behind is to generate scientific temperament among the students and also make them aware about the current scientific and environmental issues. The Rules for Entries/Scientific Write-up on "Conservation of Water Resources : Innovative Technologies" has been given below :
Rules for National Level Scientific Writing Contest
1. Topic for the Scientific Writing Contest is "Conservation of Water Resources : Innovative Technologies".
2. The Write-up should be either in English or in Hindi; entries be precise and confined to 3000 words only.
3. It should be neatly typed with double space on A4 size paper.
4. Proper attention must be paid on Syntax and Grammar.
5. The participants are requested to write an "Abstract" in the beginning of the write- up in approximately 150 words.
6. It would be appreciated if the participants cite the references (if any) in the end of the text, which would not be counted in 3000 words.
7. The participants must write their University/College and Home Addresses along with their telephone number(s) and email I.D. in the end of the write-up.
8. The write-up prepared as per above guidelines be sent to the Office of the National Academy of Sciences, India by December 31, 2015 on the address given below* through proper channel (duly forwarded by the Head of the concerned Department/Institution).
9. 5 best Scientific Write-ups will be selected from entries received in the Academy. The selected students will be invited to participate in "On the Spot Contest” on February 27, 2016 at Allahabad. The participants will have to write on a related topic in 3 hours.
10. Out of these five contestants, finally three would be given cash awards on National Science Day (28th February 2016); and the rest would be given the participation certificates.
11. The Academy will bear the travel expenses (second class train fare) of these five students; and modest arrangement of their stay at Allahabad during these days (27-28, February, 2016) will also be made by the Academy.