British Council Future NEWS Conference 2015 is an initiative on the part of British Council in association with Scottish Government and Reuters.
Future NEWS, a three-day event from 4-6 September 2015, will bring together more than 100 young people from across the world who will:
- learn key multi-media reporting and editing skills from established and emerging media and journalism professionals
- network with the best from the world of media and journalism, and with other aspiring journalists
- report using the Future NEWS multi-media real-time editorial system
- build up your writing and multi-media portfolio to support your CV.
Your fully-funded place includes accommodation; travel to and from Scotland and subsistence
Are you 18-25 and an undergraduate in any discipline or aiming for university?
Are you fluent in spoken and written English?
Are you aiming for a career in journalism or a graduate programme in journalism?
Then you’re eligible to enter the competition.
How to Participate
Enter by writing and submitting an essay or a piece of reportage of no more than 500 wordsanswering the question:
Why should I, from many, many applicants from around the world, win a place at Future NEWS 2015? Why does journalism need me?
All entries should be submitted by email to FutureNewsIndia@britishcouncil.org
The subject of the email should state ‘Future NEWS Competition Entry’
As part of entries each entrant should state in the email:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Valid passport number:
- Current educational institution and level and course of study
- Academic referee with contact details
- Home Address
- Contact Telephone Number
- Email Address
Final competition entries should be submitted by Friday 24 July 2015.
Only one submission per applicant will be accepted and late entries will not be considered by judges. Future News is aimed at would-be journalists.
All successful entrants will be informed be email by no later than 3 August 2015.