The special focus of project Udaan is to address the low enrolment ratio of girl students in these prestigious institutions and to enable girl students to receive special incentives and support so that they can join these institutions and go on to take leadership roles in the future.
The objective of this project is to enable girl students to soar to higher education from schools, and to eventually take various leadership roles in future.
The project aims at addressing the lower enrolment ratio of girl students in engineering colleges. The aim is also to enrich and enhance teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics at Senior Secondary level by providing free and online resources to everyone, with a focus on special incentives and support to 1000 selected disadvantaged girls per year.
• Program of mentoring for selected 1000 girl students to compete for admission at Premier Engineering Colleges
• 50% seats earmarked for students from SC/ST/ Backward Classes
• Selection of students on merit cum means basis
• Free of cost comprehensive course in an online and offline format
• Tutorials, lectures and study material for preparation for IIT JEE will be provided online and on tablets given to the students
• Comprehensive assessment system to result in accumulation of reward points
• Financial assistance by means of reward points redeemed towards fees in IITs and NITs
• Student helpline to enhance learning
• Periodic counselling to motivate students and parents
Who Can Join
The program is open to Indian citizens only. All girl students studying in classes XI and XII in any Board in India can apply based on following eligibility criteria. The selection of students will be based on merit.
• Girl students currently enrolled in Class XI and XII in PCM stream
• Minimum 70% marks in Class X overall and 80% marks in Science and Mathematics; for Boards which follow CGPA, a minimum CGPA of 8 and a GPA of 9 in Science and Mathematics
• For Class XII students, a minimum of 75% marks in PCM in Class XI in addition to the Class X requirements
• Selection will be based on merit cum means
• Preference will be given to girl students from economically disadvantaged background
How to Apply
You can apply online at our website www.cbse.nic.in or www.cbseacademic.in or submit a copy of the application to anyone of the CBSE City Coordinators in the list of cities given in the brochure.
Complete the form (downloadable) and send in your applications latest by the 27th of October, 2014 at the address mentioned below
Send you applications in an envelope marked - ‘Udaan Programme’ and send it to -
Central Board of Secondary Education
4th Floor, Shiksha Sadan,
17 Rouse Avenue,
New Delhi 110 002