National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC), for and on behalf of Department of Disability Affairs, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India, invites applications from Students with Disabilities for award of Scholarship under the following two Scholarship Schemes :-
1. Scholarship Scheme (Trust Fund) :
- Under this scheme, 2500 Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students with disabilities for degree and post graduate level professional and technical courses from recognized institutions in India.
- 30% scholarships will be reserved for girls, which will be transferable to male students in case of nonavailability of female candidates.
- Applicants may apply at any time in academic year for scholarship under this scheme. Scholarships will be awarded quarterly basis for the applications received in preceding quarter Under this scheme, an advance copy of application should also be submitted online (www.nhfdc.nic.in) by the candidate.
- Reimbursement of Non-Refundable fees restricted to the limit of fee of similar courses in Government/ Government –aided institutions. Maintenance allowance will be paid to the students for 10 months @ Rs.
- 2500/ per month for Professional Graduate Courses and Rs.3000/- per month for Professional Post- Graduate Courses in one academic year.
- Books/Stationery allowance will be paid to students pursuing Professional Graduate Courses @ Rs.6,000/ per annum and Rs.10,000/- per annum for pursuing Professional Post-Graduate Courses.
- Differently-abled students in addition will be provided financial assistance for purchase of aids & appliances (only once during life time).
- Monthly income of the beneficiary /parent or guardian should not be more than Rs.25,000/- (Rs. 3.00 Lakh p.a.) from all sources. Family income includes income of parent/guardian.
- A Scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship/ stipend for pursuing the course.
2. Scholarship Scheme (National Fund):
- Under this scheme, 500 Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students with disabilities for pursuing higher academic/professional or technical qualification.
- Applicant has to apply online (www.nhfdc.nic.in) for scholarship from 01.07.2014 to 15.10.2014 and scholarship shall be awarded once in a academic year under this scheme.
- Scholarship of Rs.1000/-p.m. for hostellers and Rs.700/-p.m. for day scholars studying in professional courses at graduation and above level, and Rs.700/-p.m. for hostellers and Rs.400/-p.m. for day scholars
- pursuing Diploma/Certificate level professional courses. Course fee reimbursed upto ceiling of Rs.10,000/- per year.
- Financial assistance can be given for computer with editing software for blind/deaf graduate and post graduate students pursuing professional courses and for support access software for cerebral palsy
- Monthly income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian should not be more than Rs.15,000/ - (Rs. 1.80 Lakh p.a.) from all sources. Family income includes income of parent/guardian.
- Scholarship holder under this scheme will not concurrently hold any other scholarship/stipend
How to apply :- The applicant has to apply online (www.nhfdc.nic.in) and printed copy the online filled application duly countersigned and recommended by the Head of the Institution, where they are studying
along with requisite documents send to: National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC), Red Cross Bhawan, Sector-12, Faridabad-121007. It is to be noted that without a hard copy of
application, a candidate’s application in soft copy will not be entertained.
For further details, please visit website of NHFDC “www.nhfdc.nic.in ” or contact: NHFDC at, Telephone