Green Olympiad and TerraQuiz
The GREEN Olympiad is India's first annual examination on environmental issues for middle and senior school students. The examination is designed innovatively to test the knowledge of students and also educate and sensitize them in the process. One of its kind in India, the GREEN Olympiad asks questions on air and water pollution, environment-friendly initiatives and practices, land and water resources, forests, wildlife, oceans, socio-economic aspects of natural resources, global climate change, and the roles of society to improve our environment.
The exam is open to students from Standard 8, 9, 10 . The schools should be affiliated to recognized educational Boards and trusts. PRIVATE COACHING INSTITUTE AND SIMILAR ENTITIES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE. Individual registration from students is not accepted.
A school can nominate as many students as it wishes. There is no upper limit to the number of nominations from a school. However, a minimum of 20 students per school is required for registration to the examination.
The GREEN Olympiad finally culminates into TERRAQUIZ, the first environmental quiz programme for school students. TERRAQUIZ is a 13-episode quiz programme based on topics of daily concern, local as well as global. Each year, seven teams from each of the four zones and four teams from outside India are selected to participate in TERRAQUIZ. It is an interactive quiz and the rounds are designed on the lines of a game show. Attractive audio-visuals impart a unique flavour.
Theme: Our Natural Resources
Date(s) of examination 3 September 2014 and 15 October 2014
(school can opt for only one of these dates)
Time Duration 2 Hours (1000 Hrs – 1200 Hrs)
Last date for Registration 31 July 2014
- The examination is open ONLY for schools affiliated to recognized education boards and educational trusts. Private coaching centers or other similar institutes are not eligible to participate in this examination.
- The examination is open to students from classes VIII to X. The examination can be taken either in English or Hindi. Each school will be the center for its registered students.
- Each school can nominate any number of students for this examination. However, participation of a minimum number of 20 students is mandatory. Roll numbers will be notified on the project website (www.teriin.org/olympiad) upon completion of the registration process.
- Individual registrations from students will not be accepted.
- Each participating student has to pay Rs 75/- as ‘registration fee’ to his/her school.
- Registration closes on 31 July 2014. Late entries will not be accepted.
- The examination will be conducted on two different dates. Schools can select only one da te for the examination, and tick the same in the registration form. No request for change will be accepted thereafter. Required examination material will be sent according to the date opted by the school.
- All participants will receive participation certificates upon the completion of the evaluation process.