The 2014 SAVE THE FROGS! Poetry Contest will run from January 15th to October 17th, 2014. All ages and nationalities are encouraged to enter!
Who can participate?
Anyone. Students are encouraged to write and send their Frog poems
Any poems that mention frogs, salamanders, newts, toads, caecilians, amphibians, savethefrogs.com, and/or SAVE THE FROGS!
Here are some ideas for your frog poems:
(1) Find out about a particular kind of frog and describe the world from that frog’s point of view.
(2) What if you found the last frogs alive on the planet … What would you do? How would you feel?
(3) Write a poem that makes the reader understand the importance of saving frogs, or one that makes them realize the danger frogs are in.
(4) Write a poem about any of the threats to frogs.
(5) Write a poem about how ridiculously cool frogs are!
(6) Imagine all kinds of brave, extravagant and daring ways in which you could save the frogs. Check out the How to Help page at the Website
The Grand Prize Winner will:
(1) Receive $100 CASH (or check!).
(2) Receive $75 worth of "Frog Cash" to be used for any of the cool, environmentally-friendly merchandise in the SAVE THE FROGS! Gift Center.
(3) Become an official judge of next year's SAVE THE FROGS! Poetry Contest.
(4) Receive frog fame!
The 2nd and 3rd Place Winners will:
(1) Receive $75 worth of "Frog Cash" to be used for any of the cool, environmentally-friendly merchandise in the SAVE THE FROGS! Gift Center.
(2) Receive frog fame!
For details visit Save the Frogs website