As part of the celebration of Statistics Day on the on 29th June, 2013, the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation will organize an essay competition on subjects relevant to Statistics. The interested Post Graduate Students of Statistics currently studying in recognized university/colleges are invited to participate in an ‘on the spot’ essay writing competition.
2. Each eligible participant will be asked through a separate communication to come to the nearest regional/Sub Regional Office of National Sample Survey Office for writing the essay. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the competition. The list of the Regional/Sub Regional Offices may be seen in the Ministry’s website http://www.mospi.nic.in (National Sample Survey Office\ Field Operations Division (FOD)\ (Telephone Directory). Nearest Regional Office may be mentioned in the application form.
3. The willing participants should submit their application (in duplicate) in the prescribed format (the application format can be downloaded from the Ministry’s website http://www.mospi.nic.in) through the Head of the Department of the College/University/Institute to the Additional Director General (Social Statistics Division), Central Statistics Office, Ministry of Statistics & PI, West Block-8, Wing-6, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066. The Competition will be held on 17th February, 2013 (Sunday) at 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM and the last date for the receipt of applications will be 25th January, 2013 (Friday).
4. The essays will be evaluated by a Committee constituted by MOSPI on the basis of Contents, originality of ideas, sequence of presentation and writing skills. The winners will be notified in writing. A full list of winners will also be published on ministry’s website.
5. The following prize will be given to the best selected essays at national level:First Prize
Second Prize (2 numbers)
@ Rs. 12,000/- (each)
Third Prize (3 numbers)
@ Rs. 10,000/- (each)
Consolation prizes (5 numbers) @ Rs. 5,000/- (each)
6. The winners of the competition will be invited to a function to be organized in New Delhi. The winners coming to the place of function will be entitled to receive actual fares of their to and fro journey through shortest route by rail in AC-III tier, besides their stay arrangement at place of function to be made by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
For details and registration form visit the website