1. This Scholarship is only for Girl students desirous of pursuing degree course in Medical/engineering/biotechnology or any other scientific field, in a recognized institute in India, who satisfy all the under mentioned conditions: -
(a) The Candidate should have passed 12 th standard examination from Maharashtra or Delhi or NCR during the Academic Year ending 2012
(b) The Candidate should have obtained a minimum of 85% marks in PCB/PCM or a minimum of 150 out of 200 in the C.E.T examination held in the current year.
2. The Scholarship will be granted to 10 successful Candidates selected by L’Oréal India Private Limited at its sole discretion. The decision of L’Oréal in that respect shall be final and L’Oréal will not entertain any correspondence with regard to the reasons for non-selection of candidates.
3. Candidates should submit this form duly completed in all respects in a sealed envelope clearly mentioning
“SCHOLARSHIP” on the top left hand corner of the envelope. The envelope should be addressed to :
The Scholarship Cell, L’Oréal India Private Limited, 2nd floor, Peninsula Towers, Ganpatrao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400 013 so as to be received at the aforementioned address on or before June 30th 2012. None of the items in the application form should be left blank. In case any item is not applicable to the Candidate, “N.A” should be indicated against that item.
4. The candidate shall enclose the under mentioned documents along with the application form: -
(i) Attested copy of proof of age,
(ii) Proof of parents income/salary slip and Form 16
(iii) Attested copy of 10th Standard mark sheet
(iv) Attested copy of 12th Standard mark sheet or copy of C.E.T mark sheet
(v) An essay (not more than 600 words) about yourself and why you have decided to pursue the chosen
course of study and how the scholarship will help you, which is to be handwritten by yourself.
All documents submitted shall become the property of L’Oréal and will not be returned under any circumstances.
5. Shortlisted candidates and her parents will be called to attend an interview in Mumbai/Delhi (based on the proximity of the candidate) at their own cost. The interview will be conducted by a jury consisting of a L’Oréal representative and other imminent members of the scientific/academic communities.
6. Under the Scholarship L’Oréal will pay fees (can include admission/tuition fees) for the education of the selected candidate upto a maximum of Rs.250,000/- granted over a period of maximum four years of study, subject to the candidate getting first class each year. Such amount of fees will be paid directly to the recognized Indian institution where under the candidate has got admission.
7. In the event the candidate abandons and/or discontinues the course for which scholarship is awarded, the
candidate and her parents shall be jointly and/or severally liable to refund the entire aggregate amount paid
and/or deposited by L’Oréal towards the fees till that date.
8. If at any point of time during the period of scholarship or even later it is found that any of the particulars
mentioned in the form are/were false and/or misleading or that the candidate has willfully suppressed any
material facts, L’Oréal will be at liberty to withdraw this scholarship and the consequences with regard to refund as mentioned in clause (7) above shall follow.
9. The candidate hereby acknowledges that L’Oréal does not commit or intend to employ any of the successful candidates.
10. The Scholarship will be handed over to the recognised Indian university only AFTER proof of admission in original on the Institution’s letterhead is submitted to L’Oréal.
For Details and application form visit http://www.foryoungwomeninscience.com/index.html