Maulana Azad Education Foundation was established on the occasion of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s birth centenary. The Foundation was registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860, on 6th July, 1989. The Foundation is a voluntary non-political, non-profit marking social service organization established to promote education amongst the educationally backward sections of the society. It is funded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. The Hon’ble Minister of Minority Affairs is its Ex-officio President. The aim of the Foundation is to formulate and implement educational schemes and plans for the benefit of the educationally backward minorities in particular and weaker sections in general.
To recognize, promote and assist meritorious Girl students belonging to National Minorities who can not continue their education without financial support.Purpose
Scholarship will be admissible for expenditure on payment of School/College Fee, purchase
of syllabus books, purchase of stationery/equipments required for the course & payment of boarding/Lodging charges.
How to Apply
Application can be downloaded from the web site www.maef.nic.in Photocopy of the application form can be used freely. No fee/any other amount is to be paid for application.
Application form can be sent by the student directly to the Foundation by post or can be submitted by hand from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.on all working days in the office of the Foundation.
No charges/fee is to be paid to any one for any services.
Sanction letter/cheque for scholarship will sent by Regd. Post directly to the address of successful candidate on completion of prescribed papers/formalities.
For any query/information, only Secretary, MAEF should be contacted directly.
1. Only Girl Students belonging to National Minorities, (i.e. Muslims, Christians, Buddhists,
Sikhs, Parsis) can apply :
2. Should have secured not less than 55% marks (in aggregate) in the secondary school certificate examination (Class xth) conducted by any recognized Centre/State Board of secondary Education. The List of 33 recognized Boards/Councils is given in Annexure-III. This is only qualifying percentage for applying and does not guarantee grant of scholarship which is given to the top eligible applicant based on the quota fixed for the concerned state from amongst the eligible application received from the state.
3. Family income of the student from all sources should be less than Rs. 1,00,000/- (Rupees one lakh only) in the preceding financial year:
In case of salaried class, the student must indicate the designation, pay-scale, basic pay and other allowances alongwith total gross & take home emoluments of the parent/guardian. A mere statement saying “Service” will not be acceptable. The student must attach a Salary Certificate or Pension Certificate (in case of retired persons), duly authenticated by controlling authority, of her parent/guardian alongwith the application.
In case of agriculture/horticulture etc., the students has to mention total land holding with details of irrigated and non-irrigated and other landed property owned by her family alongwith total income of the family. These details will also be mentioned in the affidavit of the parent/guardian (Annexure-II) as well as in the certificate from Revenue authority.
In case of business class, the student must categorically state the name & type of the business alongwith the total turn over and the total income of family. The same details will also be stated in the Affidavit (Annexure-II) from her parent/ guardian.
Income form all other sources must also be mentioned, specially if mother is also employed.
2. Should have Confirmed admission in class-XI. Admission Slip issued by the college/ school where the student is presently studying and verification of the principal (Annexure-I), in the prescribed proforma must be sent with the application.
3. The University/College/Institute offering admission should be recognized by the Government at the Central or State level or any other competent authority.